I'm a guy who embraces new technology and wants it to evolve.
Nutshell version:
ebooks should have a built-in summary of your reading progress.
Nushell end.
I'm really impressed with Android Wear, found MS' ideas for the One quite interesting (but too much restrictions) etc etc and I almost only read ebooks. But because I'm quite... flexible regarding my hobbies and activities I hardly ever finish a book (or anything else) without starting another one midway or playing a few more games or listening to audio books or whatever.
The third season of Games of Thrones reminded me of the fact, that I'm somewhat half through the first four books, but I have no idea where I am atm... That's quite a problem!
So I have to read through some summaries and hope that I'll remember enough when I continue reading. Oh, and I have to stay clear of any spoilers, too...
Truth is Amazon has the position to change this and get rid of this problem while doing ebooks a great favor and giving them a undisputable reason why they are better than printed ones:
Amazon should add a "What happened so far" feature.
It's quite simple : Everytime you come back to a book you haven't read a while, it will offer you a short summary of the prequels and a more detailed one of the chapters you've already read so far in this particular book.
Amazon should add a "What happened so far" feature.
It's quite simple : Everytime you come back to a book you haven't read a while, it will offer you a short summary of the prequels and a more detailed one of the chapters you've already read so far in this particular book.
So what's your opinion? Would you use a summary-feature? Do you need it?
PS: Well, every ebook publisher could come up with something like that! So do it!
PPS : I have some more ideas how ebooks can evolve into something bigger than their printed brothers and silence those not believers forevermore Guess I'll write another piece.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen