Heyhey!
Nutshell version:
I hope devs put out more extra-console-ial stuff
(Tearway's papercraft, inFAMOUS' PaperTrail, AC's Initiates) to do for us gamers.
(Tearway's papercraft, inFAMOUS' PaperTrail, AC's Initiates) to do for us gamers.
Nutshell end.
Just finished my third papercraft thingy and I'm maybe a bit too proud of it. The occasion was my mom's birthday: A few months ago she saw me playing Tearaway and found it really great. She loved the art and how the whole world was presented. When I told her that you can even build it yourself, she demanded that I'll gift her something. So I decided to do a tiger elk.
After finishing the tiger elk I realized that this was the second game this week that made me do something game related in the real world. The first was inFAMOUS : Second Son with its PaperTrail DLC.
And then companion apps came to mind: I loved the Assassin's Creed 4 app, because I could explore the lore even when I'm in university and should listen to the prof :P And talking about the Initiates-website would very likely overstretch your patience :D
For me gaming is more than just a hobby. It's part of my identity. And therefore it is great for me to somehow carry my gaming life (normally sealed away in some tech cube) into the "normal" world out there :D
I really hope that this will continue and let us expand our gamer-us into the world out there more ;)
Oh, and I guess it's a good way to start a conversation with guest, when they see origami figures with strange numbers and tiger elks in my living room ;)
So see ya.
Next blog post will be about gaming inspired clothing or Sly : Thieves in Time.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen